Homes & Businesses
Multnomah County Eviction Freeze
Residential rental evictions are halted during the State of Emergency. Tenants will have a 6-month window after the State of Emergency ends to repay missed rent.
City of Portland’s Response
During the State of Emergency, water service will not be disconnected for non-payment of sewer/stormwater/water bills.
We will convene a COVID-19 Economic Impact Task Force to generate ideas for a stimulus package to help small and large businesses recoup losses from canceled events and loss of business.
We expanded community hygiene stations citywide. Click to view the map.
We are assisting shelter providers to keep winter shelters open so we don’t lose capacity as we work to give each person in a shelter more space. We are also funding motel vouchers for, especially vulnerable people.
We are protecting the thousands of city employees and its visitors by postponing or canceling non-essential work gatherings.
We are stopping non-essential travel for meetings and conferences and encouraging vulnerable employees to stay home for as long as they need to.
Buy gift certificates to your favorite retailers to help them out during the social distancing in order to support the business.
The Portland Water Bureau is suspending its shut-off services during the coronavirus crisis.
Electricity & Gas
Pacific Power, Portland General Electric (PGE), and Northwest Natural, announced that they will not impose fines for late payments or cut service in Oregon during this crisis if people cannot pay their bills.
Comcast is offering low-income families the ability to sign up for Internet Essentials service at no charge for 60 days. For qualified low-income families, the service normally costs $9.95/month. Click here or call 1-855-846-8376 for English or 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
Comcast will also waive late fees and to not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic, and to not charge for data.
The company will also open its Wi-Fi hotspots to any American who needs them; click here for a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots.
Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with a K-12 student or college student who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription.
Installation fees will be waived for new student households as well. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395.
AT&T, Sprint, T Mobile & Comcast will not terminate services for the next 60 days due to coronavirus crisis. More information here.
Medical & Childcare
Oregon Health Plan
You can sign up for health insurance here.
For information on medical insurance for undocumented children, “Cover All Kids,” contact Carmen Elias in the Family Stability Department: [email protected]
Oregon Early Learning: https://oregonearlylearning.com/COVID-19-Resources
PDX Childcare Collective: https://linktr.ee/pdxchildcarecollective
Employment-Related Daycare Program (for low-income families): https://www.oregon.gov/DHS/ASSISTANCE/CHILD-CARE/Pages/index.aspx
Student Health Centers
Some student Health Center locations open during the break. You can find more information by visiting this website.
Health services are available for all K-12 students in Multnomah County over spring break (March 23-27) at: Parkrose Student Health Center 12003 NE Shaver St., 503-988-3392 Spring Break Flyer (English/ Spanish)
Food Pantries/ Oregon Food Bank
Find all relevant information here
Food Services for Students & Families
All schools across the state are closed as of Monday March 16th, and we know many families will need access to meals. Click here to find a list of all Oregon school districts with links to their meal plans during the Coronavirus school closures. You do not have to attend that specific school or district to have access to these meals–free meals are available to children age 1-18 to pick up “grab and go” style.
Free breakfast and lunch for children under 18
Reynolds School District
Note: Meals will be provided March 16-20
Pick up: 11:30 PM – 1 PM
- H.B. Lee Middle School – 1121 NE 172nd Ave, Portland, OR 97230
- Reynolds Middle School – 1200 NE 201st Ave, Fairview, OR 97024
- Walt Morey Middle School – 2801 SW Lucas Ave #1287, Troutdale, OR
- Reynolds High School – 1698 SW Cherry Park Rd., Troutdale, OR 97060
Gresham-Barlow School District
Note: Meals will not be provided March 23-27
Pick up Breakfast: 8:30 AM – 9 AM
Pick up Lunch: 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Clear Creek Middle School – 219 NE 219th Avenue, Gresham, OR 97030
- Gordon Russell Middle School – 3625 SE Powell Valley Road, Gresham, OR 97080
- Highland Elementary School – 295 NE 24th Street, Gresham, OR 97030
- Hogan Cedars Elementary School – 1770 SE Fleming Avenue, Gresham, OR 97080
- North Gresham Elementary School – 1001 SE 217th Avenue, Gresham, OR 97030
- East Gresham Elementary School – 900 SE 5th Street, Gresham, OR 97080
- Kelly Creek Elementary School – 2400 SE Baker Way, Gresham, OR 97080
- West Gresham Elementary School – 330 W. Powell Blvd., Gresham, OR 97030
Portland Public Schools
Note: Meals will be provided March 17-20 and March 30-31
Pick up: 11 AM – 1 PM
- Boise-Eliot/Humboldt Elementary – 620 N Fremont Ave
- César Chávez Elementary – 5103 N Willis Blvd
- George Middle School – 10000 N Burr Ave
- Harrison Park School – 2225 SE 87th Ave
- Lent School – 5105 SE 97th Ave
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary – 4906 NE 6th Ave
- Woodlawn and Roosevelt food pantries have moved their distribution location to Dr Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary on Thursdays from 11:00am-1:00pm.
- Rigler Elementary – 5401 NE Prescott St
- Rosa Parks Elementary – 8960 N Woolsey Ave
- Scott Elementary – 6700 NE Prescott St
- Sitton Elementary – 9930 N Smith St
- Woodmere Elementary – 7900 SE Duke St
- Markham Elementary – 10531 SW Capitol Hwy
- Madison at Marshall – 3905 SE 91st Ave
- Franklin High School – 5405 SE Woodward St
David Douglas School District
Pick up Breakfast: 9 – 10 AM
Pick up Lunch: 12 – 1 PM
- David Douglas High School – 1500 SE 130th Ave, Portland, OR 97233
- Ron Russell Middle School – 3955 SE 112th Ave, Portland, OR 97266
- Ventura Park Elementary School – 145 SE 117th Ave, Portland, OR 97216
- Gilbert Heights Elementary – 12839 SE Holgate Blvd, Portland, OR 97236
- More details here: English – Spanish
Tigard Tualatin School District
Grab-and-go meals Breakfast from 8:00 – 8:30 AM
Pick up Lunch: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Tualatin Elementary – 20405 SW 95th Ave, Tualatin, OR 97062
- Metzger Elementary School – 10350 Lincoln St, Tigard, OR 97223
- Additional School Districts providing lunches – here
Centennial School District
- Powell Butte Elementary School- 3615 SE 174th Ave, Portland, OR 97236
- Patrick Lynch food pantry has moved their distribution location to Powell Butte Elementary School and runs every Monday from 10:30 – 12:30 pm.