Reports To: Director of Finance and Operations
About the Organization: Lines for Life is a regional non-profit that is dedicated to building hope every day by preventing substance abuse and suicide and promoting mental wellness. We offer help and hope to individuals and communities, and promote mental health for all. Our work addresses a spectrum of needs that include intervention, prevention, and advocacy. We educate, train, and advocate to prevent issues of substance abuse, mental illness, and thoughts of suicide from reaching crisis levels. But when a crisis arises or support is needed, we are available 24/7/365 to intervene with personalized help.
Position Summary: Lines for Life is currently seeking an experienced accountant to join our team. The Staff Accountant is responsible for accurate and timely preparation of financial statements and other general ledger related reconciliations and reporting. The Accountant will assist with preparation of operating budgets to help the Leadership Team make informed decisions.
- Journal Entries & Financial Statements: Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other detailing financial business transactions in QuickBooks. Conduct month-end and year-end close and prepare financial statements. Investigate financial documents for any errors and work with the Director of Finance and Operations to resolve discrepancies.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable: Prepare monthly invoices for services provided by Lines for Life and process incoming invoices by reviewing for accuracy and preparing to pay the bills via check or through Bills.com.
- Reconciliation: Reconcile petty cash balances, credit card statements and bank statements with financial records.
- Record Keeping: Keep information confidential and secure with regular database backups and filing printed documents in locked filing cabinets.
- Preparation of Operating Budgets & Financial Reports: Create financial reports and conduct research as directed by the Director of Finance and Operations to assist the Leadership Team with decision making.
- Audit Prep: Assist with preparing documents for the annual independent financial audit.
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework in Accounting
- Knowledge of the accounting principles
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Financial management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze large amounts of numerical detail
- Proficient in technology including accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite, and web-based computer applications
- Strong written communication skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality and act with integrity
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with deadlines
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Bills.com, and Paylocity
- Proficient in 10-key
- Experience working in the non-profit industry
Work Schedule: This position will typically work Mondays through Fridays, 8:30 AM – 5 PM.
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily conducted in an office environment and requires the ability to sit or stand at a computer for extended periods of time.
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company. Lines for Life is an equal opportunity employer.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.