Reports to: Assistant Crisis Lines Director of YouthLine
Position Overview: Lines for Life is seeking an experienced volunteer coordinator to recruit, train, schedule, mentor and coach youth and adult coaching volunteers for Lines for Life’s peer-to-peer YouthLine.
- Recruit youth and adult coaching volunteers for the YouthLine through online and in-person methods. Collaborate with the YouthLine Operations Manager, Central Oregon Regional YouthLine Coordinator, Assistant Crisis Lines Director of YouthLine to screen applications.
- Schedule volunteers to ensure necessary coverage for all YouthLine shifts. (The YouthLine operates from 4 pm – 10 pm seven days per week.)
- Assist with coordinating the logistics of crisis intervention trainings for YouthLine volunteers, including safeTALK, YMHFA (Youth Mental Health First Aid), online emotional support, and ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), and Lines for Life’s crisis lines policies and procedures.
- Once YouthLine volunteers have completed the classroom training, provide training on how to use Lines for Life’s technology and coach volunteers on crisis intervention best practices.
- Assist the YouthLine Operations Manager and YouthLine Crisis Intervention Specialists with call monitoring for quality assurance, evaluation and coaching purposes.
- Develop and implement the YouthLine’s mentoring plan including coordinating regular meetings between volunteers and YouthLine.
- Develop and implement a YouthLine volunteer recognition program and identify trends for YouthLine retention.
- Collect YouthLine volunteer recruitment and retention data, identify and analyze trends, and assist with regular and ad-hoc reports for the YouthLine.
- Maintain current contact information for all volunteers and communicate important information to volunteers in a timely manner.
- Use social media creatively to connect with potential and current volunteers, fill open shifts, and provide recognition.
- Attend monthly YouthLine team meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience working with youth.
- Crisis intervention knowledge and skills.
- Strong networking skills and recruiting skills.
- Strong training, coaching and mentoring skills. Able to provide constructive feedback.
- Able to work with diverse groups of people and establish rapport with youth and parents
- Strong organizational skills and ability to think systematically to coordinate complex schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively use social media to communicate.
- Proficiency in a web-based computer environment.
- Ability to stay calm when handling stressful situations.
- Experience recruiting a large number of staff and/or volunteers.
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), safeTALK, and Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) certifications preferred.
- Experience working in a call center environment.
Work Schedule: This position will work 40 hours per week and will require working in the evenings in order to develop rapport with the YouthLine volunteers who are in the office between 4 pm – 10 pm.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the positions scope and function in the company.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.