Reports to: YouthLine Operations Manager
Position Overview: Lines for Life will be implementing a Youth Suicide Rapid Response system for the state of Oregon since compelling evidence shows that exposure to suicide carries with it the risk for several adverse consequences, including the elevated likelihood for suicide in a person exposed to the suicide of another individual. As part of the Youth Rapid Response System, this position will monitor social media for risky behavior and work in collaboration with the YouthLine team and Youth ERA when concerning social media posts are identified to conduct risk assessments, deescalate crises, and prepare reports on risky behaviors.
- Monitor social media accounts of youth in Oregon and identify risky behaviors.
- Communicate about risky behaviors identified with Lines for Life’s internal YouthLine team members, as well as Youth ERA, a partner of Lines for Life’s YouthLine who works to empower young people and create breakthroughs with the dedicated systems that serve them.
- Collaborate with the YouthLine and Youth ERA to engage via social media with youth demonstrating risky behaviors to conduct risk assessments, deescalate crises, and prepare reports on risky behaviors.
- Collect data related to risky behaviors on social media among youth and analyze it to identify trends, such as the times during the day and week when the highest frequency of risky behaviors are identified.
- Demonstrate the culture of Lines for Life by modeling behavior that supports the organization’s goals and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in related behavioral science field
- Crisis intervention experience
- Experience working with youth
- Highly competent in social media platforms and web-based computer systems
- Ability to reach out and establish rapport with youth when engaging through social media
- Strong analytical skills
- ASIST and safeTALK certification preferred
- Knowledge of compliance and reporting requirements related to youth crisis intervention preferred (e.g. HIPAA compliance, CPS reporting)
Work Environment and Schedule Requirements:
- This position must work at Lines for Life’s SW Portland office in order to effectively collaborate with the YouthLine in the event of a crisis.
- This position will typically work five 4 hour shifts per week and requires a flexible schedule in order to work at a variety of times in order to identify trends in the frequency of risky behaviors. Once sufficient data is collected, the shifts will be scheduled at the most acute times.
- This position requires the ability to sit and look at a computer screen for 4 hours at a time.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities,but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.