Reports To: YouthLine Outreach Strategist
Position Summary: Supervise, mentor and assist YouthLine outreach volunteers. Coordinate and conduct classroom education/outreach and special events. Assist in coordinating YouthLine volunteer meetings and events. Assist in YouthLine volunteer recruitment. Assist with YouthLine training and education. Assist in YouthLine outreach and education programs focusing on social media, community partners, and schools. Answer crisis/referral calls and texts on the YouthLine with care and compassion as needed.
- Demonstrate the culture of Lines for Life by modeling behavior that supports the YouthLine goals and philosophies.
- Deliver in-class presentations educating students and the community about youth mental health, suicide, depression and other sensitive subject matters.
- Supervise, mentor and assist YouthLine outreach volunteers.
- Research community outreach/education events and coordinate activities with YouthLine Coordinator and volunteers.
- Identify available resources and partnership opportunities that will support all the efforts of the YouthLine and volunteers.
- Research social media outreach opportunities and work with YouthLine volunteers to maintain a social media presence.
- Attend monthly meetings and in-service for YouthLine volunteers.
- Answer calls with compassion in accordance with YouthLine and Lines for Life training expectations and scope.
- Performs other duties, such as call center and light maintenance, and administrative and organizational tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Social Work, Counseling, Teaching, Education)
- Crisis Intervention Training
- Proficient with data base and MS Office computer environment
- At least two years of experience working with youth
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle stress.
Travel & Schedule Requirements:
- This position requires the ability to regularly travel throughout the state of Oregon to lead outreach events in schools and communities as well as meet with community partners. This position may also require occasional travel out of state.
- This position will require some flexibility in work schedule in order to meet outreach needs and will include working some evenings and weekends.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities,but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.