Reports To: YouthLine Operations Manager
Position Summary: This position will supervise, assist and mentor YouthLine Peer Helpers and Coaching Volunteers between the hours of 4 PM – 10 PM. Flexibility to work all days is preferred, but Thursdays through Mondays have the greatest need for coverage. YouthLine CIS also answer acute crisis and referral calls and texts with care and compassion primarily on the YouthLine, as well as on the other crisis lines as needed; assist with quality assurance monitoring, and assist in YouthLine outreach and education programs focusing on social media, community partners, and schools.
- Demonstrate the culture of Lines for Life by modeling behavior that supports the goals and philosophies of Lines for Life and the YouthLine.
- Serve as an Crisis Intervention Specialist primarily for the YouthLine, a teen-to-teen crisis and help line.
- Support YouthLine volunteers answering calls and texts with compassion in accordance with Lines for Life’s training expectations and scope.
- Establish rapport with YouthLine volunteers and callers, and acts as a resource of knowledge and systems use for volunteers.
- Maintain YouthLine call procedures.
- Work independently in triaging calls so that the lines remain available for callers in escalated crisis.
- Identify available resources and partnership opportunities that support the efforts of the YouthLine.
- Participate in community outreach/education events and coordination of activities.
- Research social media outreach opportunities and work with YouthLine volunteers to maintain a social media presence.
- Attend monthly YouthLine staff meetings.
- Performs other duties, such as call center and light maintenance, and administrative and organizational tasks as needed.
- Master’s Degree in related social sciences field.
- Crisis Intervention Training.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with youth.
- Proficient with database and MS Office computer environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to mentor youth.
- Ability to handle stress.
- Must be available to regularly work between the hours of 3:30 pm – 10:30 pm Thursdays – Mondays.
Compensation Package: The starting salary for this position is $22.36/hr. for individuals with graduate degrees in a related field. Lines for Life also offers a great benefits package valued at over $9,200 that includes full coverage for employee health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance premiums; a matching 401K plan; a flexible spending plan; an employee assistance program; a free fitbit and gym access.
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company. Lines for Life is an equal opportunity employer.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.
All Lines for Life employees must be approved to work by the Oregon Department of Human Services’s Background Check Unit. Background checks are completed after a conditional offer of employment has been extended.