Reports To: Prevention Director
Position Summary: This position will develop and coordinate Lines for Life’s suicide prevention and postvention programs. This position will collaborate with Lines for Life’s crisis lines department and community leaders to integrate lived experience and evidence-based best practices into the programs and will oversee the logistics of the programs. This position will also assist with the design and development of Prevention websites and graphics.
- Demonstrate the culture of Lines for Life by modelling behavior that supports the goals and philosophies of Lines for Life.
- Collaborate with the Prevention Director and Crisis Lines department to oversee the development of the Suicide Prevention and Postvention programs.
- Take the lead on planning and coordinating statewide suicide prevention conference and events with input from the Prevention Director. Collaborate with the Events Coordinator on the event logistics.
- Take the lead on planning and coordinating an annual tribal summit.
- Provide project coordination for the development of additional regional portals on the Oregon Pain Guidance website, including content development and management. Assist with the graphics design and web development of other Prevention websites in collaboration with the Communications Director and Creative Director.
- Plan and facilitate community engagement sessions with diverse populations.
- Integrate the voice of individuals with lived experience as a loss and attempt survivor into the suicide prevention programs.
- Assist with the grant reporting and evaluation for suicide prevention programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Experience coordinating a coalition or social services program
- Good organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage various projects and events simultaneously
- Strong aptitude for networking with diverse groups of people
- Knowledge of suicide prevention
- Proficient with database and MS Office computer environment
- Strong graphics design and web design experience, preferably WordPress
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities,but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.