Reports To: Contract and Quality Assurance Manager
About the Organization: Lines for Life is a regional non-profit that is dedicated to preventing substance abuse and suicide. We offer help and hope to individuals and communities, and promote mental health for all. Our work addresses a spectrum of needs that include intervention, prevention, and advocacy. We educate, train, and advocate to prevent issues of substance abuse, mental illness, and thoughts of suicide from reaching crisis levels. But when a crisis arises or support is needed, we are available 24/7/365 to intervene with personalized help.
Position Summary: Lines for Life is seeking a mental health professional with strong clinical and analytical skills to ensure that the highest quality of emergency mental health care and support is provided to its callers, especially to veterans, active duty service members and their families in accordance with the Veteran’s Crisis Line (VCL) clinical quality assurance standards. This mental health professional should be interested in harnessing their mental health experience to provide monitoring, coaching and guidance to Lines for Life’s team of Crisis Intervention Specialists and Shift Supervisors and support development of clinical training, in addition to planning and providing internal program support for the Contract and Quality Assurance Manager.
- Demonstrate the culture of Lines for Life by modeling behavior that supports the organization’s goals and philosophies.
- Listen to live and/or recorded crisis calls and provide clinical feedback for ongoing improvement of skills for crisis intervention specialists.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance team members to track call monitoring performed by staff – ensuring that VCL calls are monitored for at least 80% of staff every two weeks.
- Collaborate with the Military Services Training Specialist and Clinical Training Strategist to ensure that clinical practice informs trainings, which informs clinical performance.
- Ensure that clinical supervisors are monitoring every crisis responders, and volunteers once every three months.
- Compile and analyze statistics in Excel (with graphs) and present different quality assurance data points as needed.
- Assist Quality Assurance Manager with investigating clinical complaints or concerns.
- Coordinate changes/updates to clinical protocols on SharePoint.
- Answer the Veteran’s Crisis Line and other crisis line calls as needed, promptly with compassion and in accordance with Line for Life’s training expectations and scope.
- Create and submit various clinical quality reports in a timely manner, as needed.
- Attend mandatory trainings and workshops related to clinical quality assurance to remain knowledgeable about the latest trends in clinical quality management.
- Perform other duties, such administrative and organizational tasks as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate degree in a related field, including coursework in substance abuse and addictions OR Bachelor’s plus at least 3 years of relevant clinical experience in lieu of a graduate degree
- Crisis intervention experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Strong understanding of HIPAA, clinical privacy and confidentially guidelines.
- Ability to stay calm when handling stressful situations and skilled in problem-solving
- Able to provide sound clinical judgment.
- Knowledge of the fundamental principles, methods and theories of psychology, specifically with military and/or veteran populations and their families
- Licensed Mental Health Professional (LPC, LMFT, LCSW, etc.)
- Experience with quality assurance in a call center environment
- ASIST certification and/or qualified ASIST Trainer (T4T)
- Veteran or military experience and knowledge of the Veteran’s Administration
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily conducted in an office environment and requires the ability to sit or stand at a computer for extended periods of time.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities,but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.
All Lines for Life employees must be approved to work by the Oregon Department of Human Services’s Background Check Unit. Background checks are completed after a conditional offer of employment has been extended.