Reports to: COO
Position Overview: Lines for Life is seeking to hire an evaluator to evaluate the effectiveness of its programs in alignment with its organizational values of excellence, equity, and integrity. This position will collect and analyze program data, interpret findings and suggest program changes.
- Design and develop data collection and program evaluation tools for Lines for Life’s crisis lines and prevention programs.
- Conduct routine analysis on program process and outcome data.
- Compare desired and actual program outcomes and prepare written reports and presentations related to the evaluation process and findings.
- Consult appropriate stakeholders as needed to facilitate ongoing process of program design, implementation and revision.
- Suggest changes based on the information that is collected.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a related evaluation field
- Knowledgeable about best practices in program evaluation.
- Knowledgeable about data collection methods and methods for protecting confidential data
- Strong observational, analytical and critical thinking skills to be able to review trends, information, and outcomes and deduce reasons for the results and consider alternative possibilities for creating more efficient resources
- Strong communication skills to be able to provide clear and concise written and verbal reports that outline your findings and highlight the reasoning behind suggested changes.
- Strong ability to understand the context of a program and how it affects program planning, implementation, outcomes, and evaluation.
- Able to independently organize work while working on numerous evaluation projects; prioritizing tasks; planning ahead; following through to complete assignments in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft platforms including Excel, SharePoint, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Doctorate degree in a related evaluation field
- Program evaluation experience in the non-profit and behavioral health sectors.
- This position will primarily work 40 hours per week Mondays – Fridays at the Portland, OR office.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company. Lines for Life is an equal opportunity employer.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.