Reports To: YouthLine Operations Manager
Position Summary: This position will supervise and assist YouthLine Peer Helpers between the hours of 4 PM – 10 PM when the regular YouthLine staff are out of the office. Flexibility to work all days is preferred, but Mondays through Thursdays have the greatest need for coverage. The On-Call YouthLine CIS will also answer crisis and referral calls and texts with care and compassion primarily on the YouthLine, as well as on the other crisis lines as needed; and assist in YouthLine outreach and education programs focusing on social media, community partners, and schools.
- Demonstrate the culture of Lines for Life by modeling behavior that supports the goals and philosophies of Lines for Life and the YouthLine.
- Answer calls with compassion in accordance with Lines for Life’s training expectations and scope.
- Serve as an On-Call Specialist primarily for the YouthLine, but also on the the Helpline, Suicide LifeLine, and Military HelpLine as needed in the absence of program manager, program coordinator, or operations & clinical coordinator.
- Establish rapport with YouthLine volunteers and callers, and acts as a resource of knowledge and systems use for volunteers.
- Maintain YouthLine call procedures.
- Work independently in triaging calls so that the lines remain available for callers in escalated crisis.
- Assist YouthLine Advisory Council with implementation of group activities.
- Identify available resources and partnership opportunities that support the efforts of the YouthLine.
- Participate in community outreach/education events and coordination of activities.
- Research social media outreach opportunities and work with YouthLine volunteers to maintain a social media presence.
- Performs other duties, such as call center and light maintenance, and administrative and organizational tasks as needed.
- Master’s Degree or work towards Master’s in related social sciences field.
- Crisis Intervention Training.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with youth.
- Proficient with database and MS Office computer environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to mentor youth.
- Ability to handle stress.
- Must have flexible shift availability to match coverage needs.
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company. Lines for Life is an equal opportunity employer.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.