Reports To: Director of Finance and Operations
About the Organization: Lines for Life is a non-profit dedicated to building hope by preventing substance abuse and suicide and promoting mental wellness. We have served thousands of people with addiction, mental health and suicide intervention services, treatment referral and drug prevention education. According to Oregon Business, Lines for Life is one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work for in the state.
Position Overview: At Lines for Life, we rely on our IT systems to ensure that we are available to support people in crisis 24/7/365, as well as to facilitate education and collaboration to prevent substance abuse and suicide and promote mental wellness. We’re seeking an experienced IT Manager who can join us in continuously improving our technology so that Lines for Life can sustainably grow and innovate to meet the needs of both its current constituents and underserved populations and ensure that confidentiality and security requirements are met. In this role, the IT Manager will analyze Lines for Life’s current systems and assets, recommend and implement solutions and upgrades, and provide training. Our ideal candidate has knowledge of complex telephony and electronic health record systems, network maintenance, and security compliance; experience managing a small IT team; and a strategic thinking and continuous improvement mindset. From day one, the IT Manager will have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
- Oversee implementation of an IT Strategy including the development of IT policies and procedures in accordance with security best practices, and the development of the organizational disaster recovery plan.
- Analyze organizational needs and its current processes, technologies, and vendors to identify vulnerabilities and areas for improvement. Stay informed about new features and competitive solutions.
- Oversee and determine timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages while ensuring that Lines for Life’s crisis lines remain operational 24/7/365.
- Manage IT vendor relations.
- Manage and report on allocation of the IT budget and prepare cost benefit analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analyzing vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for organizational needs.
- Ensure IT systems, policies and procedures are compliant with HIPAA and contractual requirements, including compliance with the Veteran’s Administration and federal security requirements.
- Conduct regular system audits, including checks on network and data security.
- Conduct root cause analyses when IT issues arise.
- Provide direction, mentorship and coaching to the IT Specialist. Meet with the IT Specialist on a regular basis for supervision.
- Collaborate with the IT Specialist to develop training programs on software, hardware, and basic troubleshooting for staff.
- Develop and execute disaster procedures and maintain data backups in compliance with contractual requirements and organizational policies.
- Attend staff meetings and
- Perform other IT responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in information technology or computer science
- 5+ years’ experience in IT management
- Expert knowledge of security compliance best practices
- Experience with and knowledge of programming languages and Windows-based operating systems and software (Windows 7 and Windows 10, Active Directory, Office 365, SharePoint), current equipment and technologies, enterprise back-up and recovery procedures, system performance monitoring.
- Strong crisis management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing IT solutions.
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong creative and analytical thinking skills
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Experience working with electronic health record systems
- Security compliance professional certifications, such as CompTIA Security+
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company. Lines for Life is an equal opportunity employer.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.