Reports to: COO and CEO
About the Organization: Lines for Life is a regional non-profit that is dedicated to preventing substance abuse and suicide and promoting mental wellness. We offer help and hope to individuals and communities, and promote mental health for all. Our work addresses a spectrum of needs that include intervention, prevention, and advocacy. We educate, train, and advocate to prevent issues of substance abuse, mental illness, and thoughts of suicide from reaching crisis levels. But when a crisis arises or support is needed, we are available 24/7/365 to intervene with personalized help.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for all aspects of Accounting, Financial Management and Financial Reporting. Responsible for a lead role in contract management, developing financial strategy, and other support to leadership and the board.
- Responsible for preparation of timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Responsible for oversight of annual audit and tax preparation by outside CPA firms
- Oversee all accounting functions of the organization, including reconciliations of accounts, A/R, A/P, Payroll and General Ledger.
- Supervision, training and mentoring of accounting staff.
- Responsible for the financial management of contract awards, grants, and donations.
- Responsible for internal control procedures and monitoring of adherence to these procedures.
- Review the budget development, projections and grant budget generation developed by the Budget and Planning Officer and Development and Program Directors.
- Responsible for cash flow projections, budgets, projection models, and high-level financial analysis to run the organization and assist senior management and the Board in decision making.
- Responsible for banking and cash management, business insurance and other financial management needs of the organization.
- Participate actively as a member of the Leadership Team in organization-wide responsibilities and business planning.
- CPA and/or Master’s in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance – Required
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible Finance & Accounting experience; knowledge and experience with GAAP.
- Non-Profit experience – Preferred
- 5 years of management experience
- Knowledge of Human Resources, Personnel and Employee Relations experience
- Attention to detail and deadlines – required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work closely with others in a collaborative manner
General Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to communicate in a variety of styles, and to explain complex financial information in layman’s terms
- Knowledge of accounting software packages and intermediate to advanced level of proficiency of Microsoft Office systems
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle stress
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company. Lines for Life is an equal opportunity employer.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.
All Lines for Life employees must be approved to work by the Oregon Department of Human Services’ Background Check Unit. Background checks are completed after a conditional offer of employment has been extended.