Reports to: Director of Development
Position Summary: Lines for Life is looking to hire someone who is passionate about database management to coordinate Lines for Life’s donor database (Salesforce), as well as to coordinate all grant logistics, assist with event planning and provide internal program support for the Director of Development.
- Maintain donor database and development files to provide a robust resource of information and history on funders and community stakeholders
- Become local expert on Salesforce database: responsible for updating donor details, managing database procedures, pulling ad hoc distribution lists and building and generating reports
- Enter all donor contributions into the database
- Prepare donor acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Coordinate production and mailing of constituent communications, annual and holiday appeals
- Assemble Lines for Life informational packets for events and meetings
- Handle administrative details as assigned by the Development Director
- Assist in planning for organization events:
- Maintain details of donations, sponsorships and auction sales of annual gala fundraiser in Greater Giving database
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events
- Record all payment details and send invoices
- Assist the Events Coordinator in organizing volunteers for Lines for Life fundraising events
- Lead check-in and check-out night of fundraising events to ensure fast and organized process and oversee program
- Maintain database contribution records for annual audit purposes
- Reconcile grant and unrestricted income with finance office on a monthly basis
- Conduct donor, prospect and foundation research, compile and format
- Maintain development event gift values and donor details in Salesforce database.
- Maintain updated email contact information for supporters in Constant Contact.
- Maintain grant reporting deadlines and confirmation of follow-through
- Manage grant logistics, including timelines, resource assignments, submissions and results
- Collaborate with the Executive Assistant to the CEO on projects related to the Board of Directors and other projects as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business, Non-Profit Management, Finance, Communication, Social Services, etc.)
- A minimum of three years experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit environment
- Strong analytical skills and database management experience
- Project coordination experience, experience with major fundraising preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, donor database management experience and internet research skills a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Demonstrated use of social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company. Lines for Life is an equal opportunity employer.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.