Reports To: Prevention Director
About the Organization: Lines for Life is a regional non-profit that is dedicated to preventing substance abuse and suicide. We offer help and hope to individuals and communities, and promote mental health for all. Our work addresses a spectrum of needs that include intervention, prevention, and advocacy. We educate, train, and advocate to prevent issues of substance abuse, mental illness, and thoughts of suicide from reaching crisis levels. But when a crisis arises or support is needed, we are available 24/7/365 to intervene with personalized help.
Position Summary: This position will create systems within the prevention department to support sustainable growth of its suicide prevention and substance abuse programs and assist the Prevention Director with management of the prevention personnel.
- Create infrastructure and systems so that Lines for Life’s suicide and substance abuse prevention programs are scalable and sustainable.
- Assist the Director of Prevention with management of the Prevention personnel, which includes the Prevention Policy Analyst, the Suicide Prevention Program Coordinator and Substance Abuse Prevention Program Coordinator.
- Regularly meet with Prevention team members to coordinate and supervise daily operations and ensure team members: collaborate and support each other’s projects when needed; and successfully develop and implement program goals.
- Grow Lines for Life’s Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Trainings in a sustainable and scalable way to train more community members in the state of Oregon in suicide first aid.
- Participate in conferences, seminars, board and staff retreats and staff development trainings as requested.
- Assist the Development department with grant writing for the Prevention programs.
- Assist with program evaluation and revisions to ensure that programs are built around solid research and evidence-based practices.
- Actively participate in the fiscal oversight and budget process for the Prevention team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Knowledgeable about suicide and substance abuse prevention and mental health promotion
- Experience providing trainings and technical assistance to coalitions
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a management role
- Skilled in coaching, mentoring, managing and leading
- Strong educator/trainer
- Experience with database management and/or developing systems.
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal and communication skills
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Strategic program development experience
- Knowledgeable of key partners in the fields of suicide and substance abuse prevention in the state of Oregon.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities,but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.