Reports To: Director of Finance
About the Organization: Lines for Life is a regional non-profit that is dedicated to preventing substance abuse and suicide. We offer help and hope to individuals and communities, and promote mental health for all. Our work addresses a spectrum of needs that include intervention, prevention, and advocacy. We educate, train, and advocate to prevent issues of substance abuse, mental illness, and thoughts of suicide from reaching crisis levels. But when a crisis arises or support is needed, we are available 24/7/365 to intervene with personalized help.
Position Summary: Lines for Life is currently seeking an experienced accountant to join our team. The Staff Accountant is responsible for payroll administration, accounts payable, credit card and petty cash reconciliation, recordkeeping, and assisting the Finance Team with preparation of operating budgets to help the Leadership Team make informed decisions and preparing for the annual audit.
- Accounts Payable: Process incoming invoices by reviewing for accuracy and preparing to pay the bills via check or through Bills.com and then submitting to the Finance Director and CEO/COO for approval.
- Payroll Administration: Review and ensure accuracy of timesheets and paid time off balances through collaborating with managers and employees, enter employee expense reimbursements into the payroll system, and run payroll twice a month.
- Journal Entries: Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other detailing financial business transactions in QuickBooks to help the Financial Controller and Director of Finance prepare financial statements.
- Reconciliation: Reconcile petty cash balances, credit card statements and bank statements with financial records.
- Record Keeping: Keep information confidential and secure with regular database backups and filing printed documents in locked filing cabinets.
- Audit Prep:Assist with preparing documents for the annual independent financial audit.
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant coursework in Accounting
- Knowledge of the accounting principles
- 2-3 years of accounting experience, including accounts payable and payroll administration
- Financial management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze large amounts of numerical detail
- Proficient in technology including accounting software, Microsoft Office Suite, and web-based computer applications
- Strong written communication skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality and act with integrity
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with deadlines
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Bills.com, and Paylocity
- Proficient in 10-key
- Experience working in the non-profit industry
Work Schedule: This position will typically work Mondays through Fridays, 8:30 AM – 5 PM.
Physical Requirements: Work is primarily conducted in an office environment and requires the ability to sit or stand at a computer for extended periods of time.
This job description is not meant to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company. Lines for Life is an equal opportunity employer.
Lived Experience: Lines for Life encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. This includes individuals who have undertaken their own recovery journey or supported someone through a recovery journey from mental health conditions, suicidal struggles, and/or substance abuse. They have the capacity to draw upon and use their own lived experiences to help others and prevent suicide and substance abuse and promote mental wellness.
EEO: Lines for Life strives to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better represent the communities that we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.