Get immediate crisis support, intervention, and resources for your patients and clients
We provide around-the-clock telephone crisis support for your patients and clients because:
- Mental health concerns don’t disappear when a patient or client leaves your facility
- Mental health crisis can happen any time of day or night
- Patients and clients can’t always physically get to the urgent care they need
- Emergency departments don’t have to be the first line of defense
We Care for Crisis So That You Don’t Have To
Whether you need 24-hour services or after hour coverage, organizations that contract with us:
- Save time and resources
- Trust that each patient/client receives high-quality support, no matter long it takes
- Ensure that crisis calls, no matter how intense, are managed effectively
- Know that we’ll handle all calls without burdening your team
When your patient or client reaches out to you for immediate support, our highly-trained crisis intervention specialists will take the call. We’re available 24/7/365 to care for your patients when they need immediate support or referrals for help. We seamlessly interface with your phone system so that when patients call looking for help, calls route to us. And if your patient needs a follow-up call to ensure they are staying well, our Out-bound Call service is available to bridge the gap.
When your at-risk patient is being discharged or ending treatment, we’ll follow up with them periodically by phone (our standard is 24 hours, 10 days, and 30 days after care, or any time the patient requests additional contact). We’ll see how they’re doing, assess their suicide risk, check in about upcoming appointments, and talk about any specific needs you identify. We’ll connect the patient with resources best tailored to ensure their health and meet their needs.
Quality Service Integration
We personalize our services and train our team to meet the specific needs of your patients and clients. Our support, interventions, and referrals are tailored to the people and communities you serve. We spend as much time as it takes to meet the needs of your patients and we see each call through until the concern or crisis is resolved.
We use one, HIPAA-compliant electronic medical record to document each call in real time. You get immediate access to reports as calls are completed.
We are crisis experts and our partners trust us to take care of their patients.
- Oregon affiliate for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Equipped to handle every call no matter how intense or acute
- Exceptional at de-escalating acute crisis situations—over 95% of the time, we de-escalate crisis without the use of emergency services
- Skilled in motivational interviewing and crisis de-escalation techniques
- Outstanding use of humanistic, strengths-based, person-centered, and trauma informed approaches
Partial Client List
“The Partnership WestCare Foundation has with Lines for Life has been one of the most rewarding and satisfying partnerships I have personally ever been involved with.
Since our partnership with Lines for Life started back in October 2014, the bond our team has made with the folks working at the Lines for Life Military Helpline has been instrumental in the success of our Veterans program.
For our Veterans, having the ability to talk to someone at Lines for Life any time of the day or night, 24/7 has certainly saved the lives of a few of our Veterans. The navigators in the field know that they have Lines for Life in their back pocket at any time should the need arrive to refer a Veteran.
The experience with Lines for Life has been a win-win for our whole team.”
Brenda Powers, Program Director, WestCare Oregon