This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of St. Charles Health System and Lines for Life. St. Charles Health System is accredited by the Oregon Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. St. Charles Health System designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other CEUs: PENDING
MDs & DOs
- In Oregon, physicians must earn 60 hours of CME over the course of two years (OAR 847-008-0070) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ or equivalent.
Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses
- For the purpose of recertification, the American Nurses Credentialing Center accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ issued by organizations accredited by the ACCME (Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education).
- For the purposes of re-licensure, the Oregon State Board of Nursing accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ for attendance at structured learning activities offered by organizations accredited by the ACCME. (OAR 851-050-0142). St. Charles Health System is accredited by the Oregon Medical Association (OMA), which is recognized by ACCME as an accreditor of CME providers in Oregon. The OMA’s system of accreditation is equivalent to that of ACCME’s national system.
- The National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) states that the AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™ are acceptable for continuing medical education requirements for recertification.
Certified Nurse Midwife
- The American College of Nurse Midwives has granted reciprocity status for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ issued by providers accredited by the ACCME and relevant to midwifery.
Licensed Social Workers
- The Oregon Board of Licensed Social Workers accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ for continuing education requirements.
Many other disciplines such as researchers, PharmD’s, occupational therapists, physical therapists and anes-techs request credit memos for re-licensure or recertification if applicable. Many societies and credentialing bodies accept the AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ as an equivalent, as long as the topic is relevant to the applicant’s field or discipline.
If you have doubts whether an activity will qualify for CE, contact your professional board prior to registering for the course.