SW Oregon Opioid Summit
October 27, 2016
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Mill Casino, North Bend, Oregon
The opioid epidemic demands an effective regional approach that reflects the particular challenges and opportunities that providers, health systems and communities face in the Southwest region of Oregon.
This event is sponsored by Western Oregon Advanced Health, LLC in partnership with the Oregon Coalition for the Responsible Use of Meds (OrCRM). The summit will bring together stakeholders to identify the specific challenges in Coos, Curry, and Josephine Counties and develop a Regional Action Plan to move discussion into action and create momentum for statewide change.
The action plan will include strategies to:
• REDUCE THE NUMBER OF PILLS PRESCRIBED by improving health system practices for pain management
• EDUCATE PATIENTS AND THE PUBLIC on the dangers, safe use and disposal of Rx
• BETTER DISPOSAL OF DISUSED PILLS in medicine cabinets that fuel abuse
• EXPAND ACCESS TO TREATMENT SERVICES for opioid dependence and overdose prevention
Target Audience: Physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, dentists, pharmacists, psychiatrists, nurses and other health care providers, pharmacies, health care systems, treatment providers, educators, law enforcement, public health, prevention organizations and others.
CME Accreditation: Bay Area Hospital is accredited by the Oregon Medical Association to sponsor Category 1 medical education activities for physicians. As an accredited institution, Bay Area Hospital’s Medical Education Committee designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Bay Area Hospital fully complies with the legal requirements of the ADA and the rules and regulations thereof.
Thanks to the generous support of Western Oregon Advanced Health, this event will be FREE to participants.
* None of the speakers, planners or facilitators for this event have disclosed they have a relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. See agenda for the list of speakers.
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Wood at [email protected] or 503-244-5211.